- The application (including all attached documentation) must be written in Danish or English.
- The application must include the documentation outlined below according to the scheme you wish to apply to.
- All documents must be in pdf-format.
- All documentation (including references) you want assessed as part of your application, must be received by the Graduate School no later than the application deadline.
- No documentation for language skills are required in the application process. However, excellent communication skills in English are considered essential, and the applicant must be able to read, write, and speak academic English fluently. English language requirement is comparable to a minimum of TOEFL 83 or IELTS 6,5, corresponding to Danish Highschool level B. The PhD administration may ask applicants to document their proficiency in English at any time during the recruitment process if this is considered necessary.
- To learn more about the content of the different schemes please see PhD degree structure.
- Apply only to one PhD programme. If the Graduate School finds that your application applies better to another PhD programme your application will be assessed by the relevant committee there.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process please see frequently asked questions or contact us at the Graduate School.
Applicants are very much encouraged to supply documentation as to how they rank compared to their class (both bachelor and master degrees) if the entrance exams are from a foreign university. This may for example be in form of a letter from the university stating that either how you rank as an individual compared to other students (“ranks as no. 6 out of 111” or “ranks as among the best 8 percent”) or if that is not possible then general information from the university as to how grades were distributed the year of your graduation will be appreciated.
The Graduate School reserves the right to reject any applications which do not include the mandatory documentation or live up to the limitations stated below.