Assistant Professor in Computational Social Science 899686
The Department of Management at Aarhus BSS, Aarhus University, invites applications for an assistant professor position in the field of Computational Social Science.
The assistant professorship is an open-ended tenure track position with a tenure review in four to five years and with a positive associate professor assessment before the end of the fifth year of employment. The starting date is July 1st 2017 or as soon as possible hereafter subject to mutual agreement. Read more about tenure track employments
at Aarhus BSS.
The successful applicant is expected to contribute significantly to the department’s research and teaching environment and activities. We expect you to teach and supervise students at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels and to carry out individual and group-based research of the highest international standard contributing to the development of the academic field in question.
To qualify for the position as assistant professor in Computational Social Science, you must hold a relevant PhD or have equivalent qualifications.
Who we are
The Department of Management is one of the six departments at Aarhus BSS
, one of the four faculties at Aarhus University. Aarhus BSS unites the research fields of business and social sciences bringing them closer together to reflect the close relationship between society and the business community. As part of a Top-100 university, Aarhus BSS, and specifically the Department of Management, has achieved the distinguished AASCB, AMBA and Equis accreditations - the latter specifically applying to the school’s core business activities.
The department’s research and teaching environment is highly international and culturally diverse with a mix of Danish and international academic staff members and PhD students. We employ more than 160 academic staff including researchers, PhD students, research associates and cover a broad range of disciplines within management, e.g. marketing, corporate communication, international business, organization, HR, strategy, management accounting, innovation management, entrepreneurship, project management, and information systems. We aim to conduct high-quality research, and we give high priority to publishing our research in leading academic journals and presenting it at recognised conferences. In addition, we have a dynamic exchange of international researchers, who stay at the department for short or long periods of time.
For more information about the Department of Management, please visit: http://mgmt.au.dk/
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Head of Department Jacob Kjær Eskildsen, Tel.: +45 3160 8100, Email: email@example.com.
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR supporter Frederik Sørensen, Tel.: +45 8715 3445, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International applicant? Find information about entering and working in Denmark here
Place of work
Department of Management
Bartholins allé 10
DK-8000 Aarhus C
- Aarhus BSS refers to the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Danish Universities (the Appointment Order).
- Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. AC.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities .
- Further information on the application and supplementary materials may be found in Applicant Guidelines.
- Teaching portfolio, degree certificate (copy), curriculum vitae, complete list of publications (including annotations for not enclosed items) and verified information on previous teaching experience (if any) must be submitted with the application together with no more than 3 selected publications. Please note that co-authorship statements including detailed information on applicant's contribution must be enclosed for joint research.
- Scientific publications and other application material which cannot be uploaded together with the application can be sent in hard copy (5 copies) by surface mail to Aarhus BSS HR & PhD, Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Taasingegade 1, building 1447, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark and must have reached the office no later than the application deadline. All hard copy application material must be marked with the ID number in the email you receive after having submitted the online application.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
Alle ansøgninger skal være lavet online og modtaget senest:
Søg stilling online her
Aarhus Universitet er et moderne, fagligt bredt og forskningsintensivt universitet med høj kvalitet
i uddannelse og forskning og et stærkt engagement i samfundsudviklingen nationalt og globalt.
Universitetet tilbyder et inspirerende uddannelses- og forskningsmiljø
for 42.500 studerende og 11.500 medarbejdere og har et årligt budget på 6,3 mia. kr.
Læs mere på www.au.dk.